Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Never-Ending Scarf...Finished!

Finally! A finished object!

The Simple Ripple Shawl, a *free pattern* from Lion's Brand website. (I would put in a link, if I knew how, but I don't. That's why there's Google.) Made in Lion's Brand Microfiber, 100% *microspun* acrylic, color 153 (black) on either US 7 or 10. I don't remember which but at the time that's all I owned. Oh how things have changed...

This was my first big project and it took me about a year to finish. It should not have taken me a year to finish. I had no idea what I was doing but all too soon learned what a dropped stitch was. And again, and again, and again...

That's also why I decreased the width to half, casting on only 60 stitches. If I had cast on the full 120...let's just say I wouldn't even own knitting needles right now. I also called it finished with the third skein so it's also a little short. I really like it though! It works well as either a scarf or a stole, which is how I premiered it at Emeril's Restaurant in N'awlins! I used a metal bracelet to hold it together and buena!

None of the pictures show it's true glory. I would model it, really I would, but I've been going through Haircut Hell and now have the Recovery Cut. You know the one, we all get it eventually. Way too short, way too spiky, trying to convince yourself it's way cute and hipster, but everyone sees it for what it truly is...The Recovery Cut.

No comments: