Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to Meeee!

While I was home for my birthday - or I guess I should say at my parent's since I haven't lived there for quite a few years - I went to the LYS, Kanawha City Yarn Co.  They don't have a website, but it's at 310 53rd St in the K.C.  It is an adorable shop, well stocked with lovely yarns and even more lovely people.  


Looky at what I got:

Fall 2006 Knitscene with the Molly Ringwald pattern that mollylouhoo turned me on to.  Mollys Unite!  And enough Classic Elite Yarns Provence in a really pretty grey-brown to make it.



Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn in colors "Life's a Beach", the greens, blues, golds, and "Gypsy Rose", the blues, purples, greys, and maroons.

My sister and niece gave me the book Knitting for Peace by Betty Christiansen for a wonderful, well-rounded knitty birthday.  I also got a big garden flag and other books from my parents, and of course a birthday cake.  

So all in all, with enough gifts, reaching the big Three-Oh-No isn't so bad.  And thankfully I'll never have to do it again.

No comments: